Betty's Sweet Grape Salad
I serve this every year at Christmas (it's summer in Australia during December) and it goes amazingly well with ham and cold cuts of meat.
Please note there is a lot of chopping - each grape needs to be sliced in half. Be sure to use the sweetest grapes you can find!!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·2 lb (1 kilo) seedles green grapes
·2 lb (1 kilo) red "crimson" grapes
·1 cup sour cream
·8 ounces (250g) cream cheese, softened
·3 tablespoons brown sugar
·1 teaspoon vanilla
·1 cup toasted pecans - chopped ***optional
How to Make Betty's Sweet Grape Salad
- Well wash and dry your grapes, set them aside to dry.
- In a large bowl, beat the sour cream, creamed cheese, sugar and vanilla until thin and ribbony.
- Cut each grape in half (I like length ways). This will take some time. I luse a serrated knife.
- Add the grapes to the creamy dressing and carefully stir through.
- Cover and pop in the fridge for at least a few hours or over night.
- Just before serving, add the optional pecans if using.