- 1 pkg
- oriental flavored ramen noodles (the square, not the cup)
- 1-2 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- leftover chicken, shedded
- shredded carrot
- 1/4 c
- sunflower seeds (hulled) or slivered almonds
- 1/2 c
- dried cranberries
- 8 c
- romaine letter, cut or broken into bite sized pieces
- oriental dressing, recipe following
How to Make Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1Break up the ramen noodles into small pieces (set aside the seasoning packet for the Oriental Dressing) and toast in a skillet on the stove with the butter until lightly browned. Set aside to cool. Use the packet of seasoning from the ramen noodles for the dressing (recipe below). Toss all the ingredients together. Add the ramen crumbles at the last minute before serving. You can make this a vegetarian salad by omitting the chicken.
- 2Oriental Dressing
½ cup of seasoned rice wine vinegar
½ sugar (or can use ¼ cup of splenda or equal)
3/4 cup of oil (I prefer light safflower, but use any oil you like, you can also add 1 tsp of sesame oil if you have it, but no more than that as it is overpowering)
1 seasoning packet from the Oriental Flavored Ramen Noodles.
- 3Mix the seasoned rice wine vinegar with the sugar, and stir. Microwave this for 30-45 seconds to dissolve the sugar. Add the oil and seasoning packet. Whisk together, then refrigerate for about an hour, before use. When you take it out of the refrigerator whisk again, before adding to the salad. Toss to completely coat everything and serve.