You can substitute any solid butter for the shea butter and coconut oil, and also any liquid oil for the almond oil.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cshea butter (or cocoa butter, or mango butter, or any combination)
1/2 ccoconut oil (it is considered a solid in this recipe, so substitute shea butter or something similar in case of allergy)
1/2 calmond oil (olive, grapeseed, apricot, avocado, etc can be substituted)
20-50drops - essential oils of your choice. any combination and add to desired scent (for mine, i used lavender, orange, cedarwood, frankincense for calming)
How to Make Body Butter
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler until melted.
- Cool for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in almond oil.
- Add essential oils to desired scent and mix well.
- Stick in fridge until partially solidified.
- scrape sides of bowl and whip with hand mixer until it takes on a butter consistency.
1. Lasts roughly 6 months.
2. Does not need to be refrigerated, but it will melt in warmer temps, so keep in a cooler area of your house.