How to Make Turkey Toss
- 1Prepare rice according to package instructions, or use leftover rice.
Toss cooked rice with soy sauce. Set aside.
- 2Chop leftover turkey, or use deli turkey, or brown ground turkey -- use whatever you like. Set aside.
- 3Chop the celery and shred the carrot.
- 4Put each ingredient in a separate serving bowl.
- 5To build the salad: Beginning with lettuce, then turkey, sprouts, rice, celery, and carrot, each person makes their own salad.
Or, if you prefer, layer the ingredients in a large serving bowl.
Serve with French dressing, or you may wish to offer a selection of favorite dressings.
- 6NOTE: This recipe is an Americanized version of the "Tokyo Turkey Toss", or Yee Sang, which is a new year holiday tradition of prosperity.