Turkey Stuffed Peppers
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 eachred, orange,yellow and green bell peppers
1/2 cchicken broth
1 lbground turkey
1/3 cfinely chopped onion
1 tspminced garlic
1/4 cchopped black olives
1/4 cchopped cremini mushrooms
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the stem end off the peppers with to remove a thin cap.
- Carefully remove the seeds and membranes.set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add the couscous.
- Reduce the heat to very low ans simmer for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. The pour out of the pot and fluff. Set aside.
- Place turkey in a skillet. Over medium heat, brown the meat breaking it up as it cooks.Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, oregano and olives. Cook until meat is done and veggies are tender.Stirring to mix well. Drain excess grease.
- When it is done, stir in the Parmesan cheese to mix well. The cheese should melt as you stir.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine turkey mixture and couscous. Mix well.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture.
- Place the peppers upright in a baking pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes.