Not your average club sandwich
1-2 pkgthinly sliced, honey smoked turkey breast
2 largeslim-cado avocados or 3 hass avocados
1 pkgarnold brand flax & fiber sandwhich thins, (they also come in a variety of other flavors to choose from or flatbread if preferred
1 pkgpowdered guacamole mix(mild or spicy)
1 pkgfresh broccoli sprouts (best nutrient value) or alfalpha sprouts
1-2 Tbsppreferrably light mayo, or light sour cream, or a bit of
1 largefresh tomato
1 pkglight / 2% smoked provolone cheese (optional to omit but very tasty with it!)
OPTION:I JAR OF HORMEL REAL BACON BITS OR COOKED LEAN TURKEY BACON, OR LOW SODIUM BACON W/VISIBLE FAT TRIMMED AFTER COOKING OR CANADIAN BACON TRIMMED INTO STRIPS
OPT SIDES: DILL PICKLE,RUFFLES LIGHT FAT FREE POTATO CHIPS ARE THE BEST: ONLY 40 CALORIES FOR ABOUT 7 CHIPS .ALSO HAS 370 MG POTTASSIUM, A BIT OF NIACIN, VIT-C, B6,
How to Make Not your average club sandwich
- If you have chosen to opt for the lean turkey bacon, please cook slowly-not overly or underly cooked. Real low-sodium bacon-cook until crisp but again not well done-then trim off visible fat. Canadian bacon usually comes already cooked so all you need to do is fry lightly just to warm and brown a bit on both sides. Always drain cooked bacon products:a paper plate w/paper towels does fine to alleviate unwanted grease once removed from pan. Opted for the fully cooked bottle of hormel bacon bits-just set aside for a moment
- run a pearin knife or teaspoon along the inside to remove all of the green goodness.smash w/fork, add the mayo or sour cream,(you can even put a lil of both if you like) add powdered package of guacamole mix and stir thoroughly. Set aside
- Wash whatever type of tomatoe you prefer, trim stem or top and slice thinly-set aside.
Take your choice of the arnolds brand sandwhich thins (the flax & Fiber is best for omegas and fiber benefits)however your choice will work equally as fine as well as flatbread if prefferred.
Split the pre-cut sandwhich thins and put them on a platter or seperate plates for putting it all together.
- Slather each inner-side of the sandwhich thins, or one side of the flatbread with the avocado mixture, if you've opted for the tastful smoked provolone, put one slice on what will be the bottom of one side of each sandwhich.
- Now take out your thin sliced, honey smoked turkey and place it atop the cheese,(if you opted to use). If not-right on the already avocado prepared bottom side of the sandwhich.Repeat on all sandwhiches.
- top with 1 piece/thinly sliced tomato, then take a pinch of the broccoli sprouts and seperate a bit over the tomato. If you are using the bacon bits:sprinkle a pinch on what will be the top-side of the sandwhich already slathered w/avocado mixture-same applies to any of the other bacon options as they are soooo tasty and will stay in place better if directly atop the avocado mixture.
Now gently place top of sandwhich thin atop your gourmet club. I cut mine in half and stick a toothpick in to keep in place and make it easier to eat:especialy for children who suprisingly seem to love this healthier rendition of the traditional club.I hope you will enjoy this not-so-average sandwhich. LOL~Tina