Stuffed Venison Steak
1 lbvenison steak
1 tspsalt (i would omit)
1 cbread crumbs
1 smallonion, diced
1/4 tspblack pepper
How to Make Stuffed Venison Steak
- Mix bread crumbs, milk, egg, and seasonings (omiting Salt) to make syuffing.
- Salt the meat and cut into 2 inch by 4 inch pieces.
- Spread each piece with dressing and roll, then fasten with tooth picks. Roll in flour and brown in oil.
- Place browned rolls in a baking dish. Add water, cover, and cook for 2 hours at 375 degrees.
- NOTE: My experience with venison is you cook it slowly. I think at 375 it would be a dried up mess.
My advise is cook for 2 hours at 300 degrees as the meat is already partly cooked with the browing phase of the recipe. The long slow cooking really brings out the flavor while making it tender. I have a simular recipe that I do on 300 degrees