Herbed Pork Chops and Potatoes
2 mediumonions, peeled and thinly sliced
2 clovegarlic, minced
4 thickpork chops
2 tspblack pepper
2 tspfennel seeds
2 tspdried oregano leaves
3 to 4 largebaking potatoes, thinly sliced
1 Tbspolive oil
1 1/2 cupsvegetable broth
1 Tbsptomato paste
How to Make Herbed Pork Chops and Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Arrange the onion slices across the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish, overlapping them if necessary. Sprinkle the garlic over the onions.
- Arrange the pork chops over the onions, making sure the chops don't overlap. Season the chops with salt, pepper, fennel seeds and oregano.
- Layer the potato slices over the chops, completely covering the chops. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes.
- In a large measuring cup with a spout, stir together the broth and tomato paste. Pour the broth into the baking dish from the side (don't pour it directly over the potato/pork layers).
- Cover the baking dish with foil, and bake in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- After 2 1/2 hours has elapsed, remove the foil, increase the oven temperature to 350°F and bake another 30 minutes or until the potatoes are browned and slightly crisp.