"Super Delicious" Venison Stew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 # lbvenison (marinated* see below)
1 Tbspitalian seasoning
1/4 citalian dressing mix (bottled)
1-2 mediumonions (sweet) cut in chunks
2 largecarrots cut in chunks
1 stalk(s)celery(cut in chunks) & leaves (chopped)
2-3 mediumpotatoes(cut in chunks)
1/4 tspjarred garlic (chopped)
·salt and pepper (to taste)
1(lg) Tbsp*frozen white grape juice (for marinating)
How to Make "Super Delicious" Venison Stew
- *Marinate sliced or cubed venison in 1 Tb. frozen white grape juice mixed with 5 oz. water in a lg. container (*large enough for meat & marinate). The venison should be in marinate for 3 days, in refrigerator, to remove the strong game taste.
- After 3 days, Remove venison from *marinate & rinse off. Place prepared venison in cold Crock Pot. Add dry Italian seasoning, stir. Cook venison on high for 1 hr. Half way through hour, add liquid Italian seasoning, stir. Continue cooking on high.
- Meanwhile, cut veggies & put into large bowl. Set aside. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook venison for 2 hours. Add cut potatoes & carrots to Crock Pot. Continue cooking on high for additional hour. Add remaining veggies & turn crock pot on low. Cook until veggies are tender.
- **Venison will make a small amount of gravy. If more gravy is desired, add packaged gravy (mixed according to package directions).
- Serve hot with **gravy, your favorite bread, & applesauce!