Ultimate Bacon, Lettuce And Tomato Waffle Sandwich
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Loved the basil mayo... I think it really made this sandwich. Also, I never thought of using frozen waffles as bun. But boy was it good! The Test Kitchen
- krusteaz or eggo waffles
- 1 1/2 lb
- apple wood smoked bacon, depending on how much bacon you want per sandwich
- 1 bag(s)
- prepared mixed lettuce greens
- tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 c
- fresh chopped basil
How to Make Ultimate Bacon, Lettuce And Tomato Waffle Sandwich
- 1In small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chopped basil and garlic powder. Blend well and set aside.
- 2Fry the bacon to the desired crispiness. Drain on paper towel. Slice the tomatoes. Toast the waffles.
- 3To assemble the sandwich, liberally spread some of the basil mayo on both waffles for sandwich. Place some of the mixed lettuce greens on the bottom waffle. Place 4 sliced tomatoes on top of the lettuce and pile on the bacon. Add some more lettuce on top of the bacon. Add the top waffle onto the sandwich and enjoy!