Sweet Pulled Pork Quesadillas
The healthier choices such as yogurt instead of sour cream, quinoa, & the shredded cabbage are actually choices driven by taste... they are fabulous in these quesadillas and taste better than what is commonly used! Not that often you get such a win-win when it comes to taste and health!
You may be skeptical, but I challenge you to try it and see if you don't prefer it too!
- pork roast
- onions, sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp
- montreal steak seasoning
- 3 Tbsp
- lime juice
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- sweet pulled pork
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cooked quinoa* (or brown rice)
- 1 can(s)
- black beans, rinsed
- unsweetened plain fat free yogurt (may add chopped onion or bit of canned chipolte in adobo sauce, if you want)
- sliced/shredded white cabbage
- flour tortillas
SWEET PULLED PORK
How to Make Sweet Pulled Pork Quesadillas
- 1To make sweet pulled pork, place most of the onion on the bottom of the crock pot, add pork roast, then montreal steak seasoning, lime juice, and rest of onion slices. Cook in crock pot until pork falls apart easily with fork. Add sugar, and "shred" (pull apart with fork.)
You can adjust seasonings by adding, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and smoke flavor, but once when I was in a super rush, I did just the ingredients listed in the recipe, and it turned out plenty tasty. I free-handed the Montreal steak seasoning...you can always go light and add more once it is cooked, to taste. (Now that I've measured a few times 2 -2 1/2 Tbsp. seems right.)
- 5* when cooking the quinoa, dry toast it first in a skillet or pot, until it starts to pop and smell like popcorn, before cooking with water like normal. This makes ALL the difference in the flavor.