Sweet and Sour Pork
My husband fixes this for me. He doesn't care that much for Asian food, but he makes me meals for special occasions, as well as, when he has time to cook at other times. So, when he makes this, it is a special time.
1 1/2 lblean pork, cut into 2 x 1/2 inch strips
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1cube chicken bouillon
3/4 tspsalt, divided
1 can(s)(1 lb. 4 1/2 oz.) pineapple chunks
1/4 clight brown sugar, packed
1 Tbspsoy sauce
1 mediumgreen bell pepper, cut into strips
1/4 cthinly sliced onion
·rice of choice, follow directions on package
How to Make Sweet and Sour Pork
- Cut pork into 2 x 1/2 inch strips.
- Put a 10-12 inch skillet on medium heat, and when hot, put in oil. Tilt skillet around to distribute oil. Add strips of pork, and brown slowly.
- Then, to skillet, add water, bouillon cube, & ¼ tsp. salt; mix well. Cover & simmer until tender, about 1 hr.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving syrup. Also, slice onion & cut green pepper into strips.
- In a medium pan, combine brown sugar & cornstarch; add reserved pineapple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce, & ½ tsp. salt. Cook & stir over medium-high heat until thickened & bubbly.
- Remove from sauce from heat. Add sauce to pork; mix well. Stir in pineapple, green pepper, & onion. Cook over low heat 3-4 mins. or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.