Stuffed Pork Chops
This is special enough for company , but easy enough to do on a week night.
What you are seeing in the picture is stuffed pork chop with scalloped potatoes and buttered maple syrup baked acorn squash.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a fast and easy way to make a big splash at dinnertime! Add a rub of your choosing to the meat (or simple salt & pepper) for added flavor. The Test Kitchen
- 4 large
- pork chops 1 3/4 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp
- vegtable oil
- 2 c
- herb seasoned dressing mix
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- each diced celery and onion
- 1/2 tsp
- each salt and pepper
- 1 c
- chicken broth
How to Make Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1Make dressing to package directions using the butter, celery, onion and chicken broth, toss together.
- 2Slit each chop on the rounded side, cut through almost to bone to make a nice deep pocket for the dressing.
- 3Fill each chop with 1/4 of the dressing, secure with 2 or 3 toothpicks, you will take these out later.
- 4Put oil in fry pan on med high and brown chops on both sides.
- 5Place on a foil lined pan (no cleanup) and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or chops register 140 degrees in the center.
- 6You could also put these in your slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours as well.