1-1/2 lbboneless pork loin (lean)
1/4 cfresh lemon juice
1 Tbspdried thyme (or 4 sprigs fresh))
1 mediumbay leaf
1 Tbspdried basil (or 10 fresh leaves)
2 Tbspchopped italian parsley leaves
1 Tbspgrated lemon zest
2 Tbspred wine (or red wine vinegar)
1 Tbspolive oil
1 tspfresh ground black pepper
1/2 tspsea salt
How to Make PORK BROCHETTES WITH HERBS (SALLYE)
- Cut meat into bite sized cubes and place in large ziplock bag.
- In small mixing bowl, crush garlic cloves and bay leaf, then add all other spices.
- Add all other ingredients except meat to bowl and blend well with wire whisk
- Pour herb mixture over meat in bag.
Seal bag and place in refrigerator overnight
- When ready to cook, pour meat into colander and drain.
Thread meat in equal portions onto skewers.
NOTE: IIF YOU USE BAMBOO SKEWERS, SOAK IN WATER FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTEs BEFORE USING.
- Preheat oven broiler or charcoal grill
- Place skewers on broiler rack and place in oven 4"-6" from heat.
Broil about 15 minutes, turning frequently until meat is done.