★★★★★ 1 vote5
2-1 lb can(s)bavarian sauerkraut, such as stokely's (bavarian sauerkraut has caraway seeds in it)
1 largeonion, chopped or sliced ( i slice)
1 #2 sized can(s)peeled whole tomatoes (sliced--about 3 1/2 cups)
1/2 boxlight brown sgar
2 lbfarmer or country style pork ribs
How to Make Pork and Sauerkraut Supreme
- Drain sauerkraut, but do not rinse. Spread sauerkraut in a 9 x 13" sprayed pan, or a deep lasagna pan.
- Spread onion on top.
- Layer the sliced tomatoes on top of the onion.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with the sugar. Do not stir.
- Top with ribs and cover with foil.
- Bake at 250 for 8 hours or at 300 for 5 hours. I have done both, depending on how much time I had.
- Remove foil for 3-5 minutes at the end of baking to enhance browning and if dish appears to be too juicy.