★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2-1 lb can(s)
- bavarian sauerkraut, such as stokely's (bavarian sauerkraut has caraway seeds in it)
- 1 large
- onion, chopped or sliced ( i slice)
- 1 #2 sized can(s)
- peeled whole tomatoes (sliced--about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 box
- light brown sgar
- 2 lb
- farmer or country style pork ribs
How to Make Pork and Sauerkraut Supreme
- 1Drain sauerkraut, but do not rinse. Spread sauerkraut in a 9 x 13" sprayed pan, or a deep lasagna pan.
- 2Spread onion on top.
- 3Layer the sliced tomatoes on top of the onion.
- 4Sprinkle tomatoes with the sugar. Do not stir.
- 5Top with ribs and cover with foil.
- 6Bake at 250 for 8 hours or at 300 for 5 hours. I have done both, depending on how much time I had.
- 7Remove foil for 3-5 minutes at the end of baking to enhance browning and if dish appears to be too juicy.