Liver and onions
- 1 1/2 lb
- beef or pork liver
- 2 large
- onion, sliced thin
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- cooking oil or enough to cover the bottom of frying pan
- fajita seasoning (i prefer farmer brothers brand)
How to Make Liver and onions
- 1Remove any heavy blood vessels and outside membrane from liver if butcher has not previously done it. Slice liver approximately 3/4 inch thick.
- 2Put flour in a large zip lock bag (gallon size). Add liver and shake to coat each slice
- 3In large frying pan, add enough oil to cover the bottom. Heat oil then lay liver in hot oil brown on one side. turn over. Top with sliced onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and fajita seasoning. Cover and turn heat to low. Cook about 20 minutes. The secret to good tender liver is slow cooking and not over cooking.
- 4Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad, or baked potato and side of steamed spinach.