Kitty's Boardwalk Sausage Skillet Dinner
THIS RECIPE IS FOR A MUCH LOVED NJ SANDWICH, AN EASY SKILLET DINNER AND OUR FAVORITE TAILGATING RECIPE ALL IN ONE!
4 cdiced boiled potatoes (skins on)
5 - 6italian sausages
1 cthinly sliced red onion
1whole red pepper
1whole green pepper
·salt & pepper to taste
4-6italian bread rolls (optional)
How to Make Kitty's Boardwalk Sausage Skillet Dinner
- Fry diced potatoes in a heavy skillet using enough oil to get them good and brown. Turn as necessary to prevent scorching or sticking
- Meanwhile cook sausages in another skillet, cover and cook over medium heat. Turn occasionally and add just enough water to keep them from scorching
- While potatoes and sausages are cooking cut the onion in half and thinly slice it. Cut peppers into thin strips.
- When sausages are done remove from pan, drain and slice for the one skillet meal as seen above. Stir sliced peppers into potatoes and turn heat to medium.
- Top potatoes and sausage with onions and peppers. Cover and cook until vegetables are heated through and slightly tender.
- Serve as a one dish meal.
- *NOTE* If you prefer a sandwich. Do not cut the sausages. Serve whole sausages on big Italian bread rolls and top with potatoes, peppers and onions. Add condiments as desired. This is also a GREAT TAILGATING RECIPE! Potatoes, peppers and onions will heat on the grill in foil packets once you "grill" the sausages.