ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFED PEPPERS
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb
- sweet italian pork sausage,casing removed
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 c
- shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 medium
- green peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 2 c
- prego traditional italian sauce
- parmesan cheese
How to Make ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFED PEPPERS
- 1Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- 2Stir the onion and oregano in the skillet and cook until the onion is tender. Stir in cheese.
- 3Arrange the pepper halves, hollow-side up, in a 3-qt. shallow baking dish. Spoon the sausage mixture into the pepper halves. Pour the sauce over filled peppers.
- 4Cover the baking dish. Bake in a preheated 400º oven for 40 minutes until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired and serve immediately, refrigerating any leftovers.