Healthy Mediterranean grilled salad
- 12 oz
- butterflied boneless pork chops
- 1 tsp
- brown sugar,oregano,balsamic vinegar
- head of romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes ( 6 reserved)
- 1/4 inch sliced red onion
- yellow squash
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp
- finely grated onion
- 1/2 tsp
- coarse sea salt
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh basil
- 1 oz
- feta cheese
How to Make Healthy Mediterranean grilled salad
- 1Trim pork chops of fat and place in a small non-metallic container. Pour over the balsamic,oregano,brown sugar. Fill with water just to cover chops and mix around by hand. Brine 24 hours.
- 2Slice romaine lengthwise in half keeping stem intact and set aside. Slice yellow squash about 1/2 inch thick. (Depending on the thickness you might end up with 3 separate pieces) and set aside.
- 3Start your grill pan and give it a light coating of olive oil on a med-high heat. Place romaine flat side down and grill until carmalized ( about 3-5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Repeat with the squash and onion then set aside. Place cherry tomatoes in the same pan ( you might need a little oil) until somewhat lightly blackened and set aside.
- 4Drain chops and blot dry. Clean grill pan and add a little oil and place chops in pan. Meanwhile in a food processor add the olive oil,sea salt,white wine vinegar, 6 reserved cherry tomatoes,fresh basil and pulse a few times. Set aside. Turn chops over and cook until desired doneness.
- 5Chop up romaine and place on a platter. Add your other grilled veggies anyway you like followed by the pork chops and drizzle with the vinaigrette, Sprinkle feta cheese over salad.