Cheesy Italian Meatloaf Minis
I like making my meatloaves in my large muffin tin because they cook faster and are already portioned, but because of the grease run off when using Italian sausage, I would probably form large meatball around the cheese and bake on the broiler pan.
Progresso Recipe Starter cooking sauces are very good. My fave is the fire roasted tomato. Try it and let me know if you like it...You can also use your favorite Italian tomato sauce instead.
- 3/4 c
- italian bread crumbs, or any you desire
- 1 c
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 lb
- mild italian sausage
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3/4 c
- each of chopped carrots, celery, and onion
- 3 clove
- 1/2 tsp
- seasoning salt
- 1/2 Tbsp
- black pepper
- eggs, beaten
- about 4 oz
- jack, provolone, mozzarella or asedero cheese cut into 12 cubes
- 1 can(s)
- 1 can progresso fire roasted tomato recipe starter cooking sauce
- 1 tsp
- each of dried basil and oregano
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
MEAT LOAF MIXTURE
ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE
How to Make Cheesy Italian Meatloaf Minis
- 1Mix together milk and bread crumbs and set aside to soak. Place carrots, celery and onion in food processor. Pulse till finely chopped.
Saute veggies in 2 Tbl EVOO until softened. Grate in 3 cloves of garlic while cooking. Set aside to cool a little.
- 2Mix together ground beef, sausage, bread crumb/milk mixture, cooled veggies, eggs and seasonings in bowl until well blended.
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large 12 hole muffin pan with non stick spray. Fill each cavity with meatloaf mixture, packing it in tightly. Make a hole in the center of each. Press a cube of cheese in middle. Pack rest of meat mixture on top to cover cheese.
- 3Place muffin pan on foil lined baking sheet to catch drips. Bake 30 minutes. Drain drippings from pan and return to oven for another 10 minutes. If you want them more brown, broil for a few minutes. Serve with Italian tomato sauce. Enjoy!
- 4Italian Tomato Sauce: Heat sauce, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste...simmer 20 minutes until it reduces and thickens. Serve over mini meat loaves.