Brown Sugar Chops
I am a sweet person and my husband is definitely salty. This dish incorporates the best of both worlds and allows us both to be satisfied at the picnic table.
Who ever said grilling had to be hamburgers and hot dogs? You can whip up a tasty, healthy, fruitful meal all on the grill in 5 minutes and leave everyone wondering how you found the time.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We REALLY enjoyed the sweet and savory flavors of this recipe. Pair with roasted asparagus and potatoes for a meal not soon forgotten. The Test Kitchen
- 1/2 c
- red wine vinegar
- 1/8 c
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp
- whole black peppercorns
- large mango, peeled and pureed
- bananas, sliced
- pint strawberries, sliced
- pork chops, about 5 ounces each
- 1-2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- sea salt
How to Make Brown Sugar Chops
- 1Place vinegar, sugars, banana pieces, strawberry slices and peppercorns in a saucepan and reduce until thickened, strain into a bowl whisk in mango puree and let cool.
- 2Preheat grill. Brush pork chops with olive oil on both sides and season with sea salt.
- 3Grill for 5 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Remove and brush liberally with the fruit glaze.