Julie Ann Keene
Fat free tortillas and sauce and low fat cheese make this a healthier take on pizza. Baking it gives it the crunch of a thin crust pizza. You can use whatever toppings you like, but I'm fond of the above combo. For extra kick add additional spices to your sauce such as red pepper, Italian blend or basil and garlic.
How to Make Tortilla Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray or lightly grease. Arrange tortillas into tray in a single layer, overlapping slightly to cover the whole tray.
- Spread sauce over tortillas to cover completely but not too densely or it will make the pizza soggy.
- Top with half the cheese and the veggies in the amount that fits your taste.
- Layer with more tortillas then add another thin layer of sauce and the remaining cheese and meat. Sprinkle a few more veg if you choose.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla "crust" is crunchy.