Real Cheeseburger Pizza
Cheryl Croce Culver
- 1-2 lb
- hamburger, cooked and seasoned how you like
- 1 large
- onion, sliced thin-we used red
- 3 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 c
- 1 c
- sliced tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce, italian seasoned
- any other toppings you like
- 2 1/4 tsp
- active dry yeast--i used pizza yeast
- 1/2 tsp
- brown sugar or 2 tsp regular sugar
- 1 1/2 c
- very warm water--110 degrees
- 1 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- oil--olive or canola
- 3 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
PIZZA CRUST INGREDIENTS
How to Make Real Cheeseburger Pizza
In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water, and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. If you use pizza yeast you don't have to do the next steps, Just roll out and press onto pizza pan or large cookie sheet.
- 2If you use regular yeast proceed here:
Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth.
Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out.
Top with sauce then meat, onions, Spread cheese over all then top with pickles and Parmesan cheese
and tomatoes and a few pickles on top, I toss a little pizza seasoning on top and you're ready to bake
- 3Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes