Julie Ann Keene
1 can(s)refrigerated pizza crust dough
1 can(s)tomatoes, canned italian-style and diced, 14.5 oz. drained
To tastesalt and pepper
1ball mozzerella cheese, sliced
1 Tbspolive oil
To garnishfresh basil leaves
·cornmeal to dust cooking surface
How to Make Pizza Margherita
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Coat pan or pizza stone with a dusting of cornmeal to avoid sticking. Roll dough out to desired thinness.
- Place dough in oven and cook 8 minutes, this keeps the crust from getting soggy.
- Spread the drained tomatoes evenly across the dough. Season with salt and pepper. Top with mozzarella slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown.
- Drizzle with the oil and garnish with torn basil leaves.