Tuna Noodle Casserole
You can also freeze this casserole and take it out and heat it up as needed.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cchopped celery
1/2 cchopped sweet onion (any can be used sweet is preferred)
2 clovegarlic minced
2 Tbspbutter or 1/2 & 1/2 evoo & butter or all evoo for healthier choice
2 can(s)7 oz. tuna undrained
2 can(s)condensed cream of celery
1anaheim pepper chopped
1 cor so frozen peas more if you like
1 colive oil mayonaise
2 cmilk or 1/2 sour cream + water mixed to milk consistancy
2 Tbspfresh parsley or fresh tarragon it's a good flavor as well that's what i like to use mostly
1 lbrotini or penne pasta
1 c1 cup italian breadcrumbs
How to Make Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, Now Begin boiling your noodles in another pot (add a touch of oil and salt to the water), as you Melt the first 2 tblspoons butter (and/or evoo if using) in a nonstick medium sized pot.
- Saute the onion, celery, and garlic on medium heat until onions are just translucent and has a sweet taste,( being careful not to burn the garlic as this gives a bitter taste and you will have to start over.)
- Check your noodles if done drain and set aside.
- Stir into the saute onion mixture the: tuna, soup, mayo, milk or (sour cream& water if using), peas, anaheim pepper, & parsley (or cilanro if using). Heat stirring constantly until mixture becomes hot and starts to become a little bubbly .
NOTE: Alot of times if not most of the time I will leave out the mayonaise and use the same amount of sour cream instead and I find that is super delicious!
- In a 2 quart casserole dish combine the noodles and the tuna sauce mixture and spread out evenly.
- BREAD CRUMB TOPPING DIRECTIONS:
Mix together the bread crumbs, parsley(or cilantro) and the last 2 tablespoons of butter using a butter knife cutting and stirring the crumbs (or use a food processor and add and pulse a few times till crumbly.)
When mixture is crumbly as best as you can sprinkly the crumbly mixture ontop of the casserole. It is important to add the crumb topping because this is what really MAKES the casserole as delicious as it is.
- Bake For 20 minutes or until topping is golden.