Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- 2 pkg
- (9 oz. each) cheese tortellini (spinach ones are good too) cook as directed on package
- 1 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 small
- shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- canned 100% pure pumpkin solid
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- 1Cook tortellini as directed on package- reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water then drain the pasta.
Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring,until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 2Stir in the cream and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to medium low; simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add the tortellini to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed.
Divide among bowl and top with more cheese and parsley.