Skillet Spaghetti for 2
This will not take longer to fix than it does to eat it!
You can find the ingredients in ANY small grocery!!
It is nutritous, virtuous and delicious!!!
- 4 oz
- extra lean ground sirloin beef, turkey breast or vegetable crumbles
- 1/2 c
- onion, finely chopped
- 15 oz
- can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/2 oz
- jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- splenda (i omit this, we don't care for a sweet sauce)
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
- 2/3 c
- uncooked spaghetti (i use dreamfields pasta, and break it in half)
- 1/4 c
- kraft reduced fat parmesan style grated topping
How to Make Skillet Spaghetti for 2
- 1In a med skillet sprayed with olive oil flavored cooking spray, brown meat and onion.
- 2Stir in undrained tomatoes, mushrooms, water Italian Seasoning, Splenda (if using) and black pepper.
- 3Add uncooked spaghetti, mix well to combine
- 4Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 5Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 min or until spaghetti is tender, stirring occasionally. When serving top each with 2 Tbs. Parmesan Cheese
- 61 1/4 C/serving approx 5-6 points.
282 calories, 6 gm fat; 38 gm carbohydrate, 682 mg sodium, 44 mg calcium, 6 gm fiber
Using the Dreamfields Pasta will reduce the number of carbs and using the vegetable crumbles will increase the fiber content. We usually get 4 generous servings, but I'm guestimating the uncooked pasta, so my measurement of it is probably off.