Skillet Spaghetti for 2
This will not take longer to fix than it does to eat it!
You can find the ingredients in ANY small grocery!!
It is nutritous, virtuous and delicious!!!
4 ozextra lean ground sirloin beef, turkey breast or vegetable crumbles
1/2 conion, finely chopped
15 ozcan of diced tomatoes, undrained
2 1/2 ozjar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 1/2 tspitalian seasoning
1 Tbspsplenda (i omit this, we don't care for a sweet sauce)
1/8 tspblack pepper
2/3 cuncooked spaghetti (i use dreamfields pasta, and break it in half)
1/4 ckraft reduced fat parmesan style grated topping
How to Make Skillet Spaghetti for 2
- In a med skillet sprayed with olive oil flavored cooking spray, brown meat and onion.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, mushrooms, water Italian Seasoning, Splenda (if using) and black pepper.
- Add uncooked spaghetti, mix well to combine
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 min or until spaghetti is tender, stirring occasionally. When serving top each with 2 Tbs. Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/4 C/serving approx 5-6 points.
282 calories, 6 gm fat; 38 gm carbohydrate, 682 mg sodium, 44 mg calcium, 6 gm fiber
Using the Dreamfields Pasta will reduce the number of carbs and using the vegetable crumbles will increase the fiber content. We usually get 4 generous servings, but I'm guestimating the uncooked pasta, so my measurement of it is probably off.