1 boxpenne pasta - i use "barilla pasta plus"
1 mediumyellow pepper, cut into strips the size of the penne
1 mediumcucumber, halved lengthwise,peeled, seeded and sliced to the size of the penne
1 boxgrape tomatoes, halved
1/2 mediumred onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cchopped fresh cilantro
1/2 ccrumbled feta cheese
2 cwell-chopped baby spinach
4 to 6 ozlight caesar dressing (i use about 1/2 a bottle of ken's steakhouse iight ceasar
2poached, cooled and shredded chicken breasts (optional)
How to Make Picnic Pasta
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente - firm to the bite. Drain, rinse lightly and cool by spreading out on a sheet pan.
- While pasta is cooking, wash and cut the vegetables and cilantro, and place in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the cooled pasta and mix well. If you are using the chicken, add this as well.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture and stir well to combine. Remember you can always add more, but you can't take "too much" out! Add slowly and mix to make sure you don't over do it.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours. Garnish with a little extra feta and cilantro sprinkled on top, if desired. Looks great in a clear trifle dish or a big white pasta bowl.