Pastico - Albanian Style
It's quick and easy to make and you can substitute the noodles for spaghetti or spaghettini.
Remember to add salt sparingly, as feta is pretty salty.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbfettuccine, spaghetti, or spaghetini noodles
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated or shredded
1 pinchsea salt
1 1/2 cfeta, crumbled
1 pinchblack pepper
How to Make Pastico - Albanian Style
- Put water on stove to boil and add salt.
- Once water is boiling, add pasta and stir. Boil for about 8 minutes. Pasta is going to finish cooking in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 380 F .
- Coat the bottom of a glass baking dish with 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Pour the drained pasta into the prepared 9 x 13 baking dish, layering evenly.
- Next you are going to sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the pasta and spread it into the pasta as well as on top.
- Now, cube the remaining butter and mix it into the pasta. Make sure some of the butter remains on top of the pasta.The butter will slowly melt.
- Whisk eggs and then while whisking add in the milk; whisking for another minute or two.
- Slowly pour this egg mix over the pasta and gently mix it into the pasta.
- Place the pasta dish in a preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Cover with tinfoil if necessary.
- Before you turn the oven off, sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the dish and allow to bake for 2 - 3 minutes more.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes before cutting into serving portions. It is best served warm. Enjoy!