Pasta with Avocado and Tomatoes
- 8 oz
- whole wheat pasta, uncooked (can also use regular angel hair pasta)
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 c
- fresh basil leaves, chopped (can substitute baby spinach leaves)
- 1 large
- avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into small cubes
- 4 medium
- roma tomatoes cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp
- mrs dash original blend (or any blend you prefer)
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Pasta with Avocado and Tomatoes
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2In a 3-quart sauce pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until garlic is tender but not browned. Remove from heat.
- 3Add basil, avocado and tomatoes in with the garlic. Stir gently; toss vegetable mixture with pasta. Season with spice blend and pepper.