Mediterranean pasta salad : Perfect for summer picnics or your BBQ parties
2 cgemili pasta
to tastefreshly ground black pepper
1 tspred pepper flakes
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/2 csun dried tomatoes - chopped
1 can(s)organic garbanzo beans
1 ccanned artichoke hearts - chopped
1/4 cfreshly chopped parsley
1/2 cshallots - diced
3 clovegarlic - chopped
3 Tbsphalved kalamata olives
2/3 cfeta cheese
How to Make Mediterranean pasta salad : Perfect for summer picnics or your BBQ parties
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and a Tbsp of EVOO to it. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain, Keep it aside. (Or just follow direction on your package)
- Meanwhile while your pasta is cooking, put 2 Tbsp of EVOO in a pan on medium heat and sauté diced shallots, season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes
- Now add chopped garlic and sauté for just 30 seconds. Do not let it cook for longer because you do not want to lose garlic flavor.
- Now add Garbanzo beans and let it cook for 5 more minutes. After 5 minutes add chopped artichoke hearts, parsley and sun-dried tomatoes. Let it cook for 7 more minutes so all the flavors from artichokes and tomatoes will get into Garbanzo beans.
- Now it’s time to add cooked pasta, 1/2 teaspoon salt (If needed) and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Mix it nicely so it covers all the pasta, now add feta cheese, olives and mix nicely again!!
- Now time to taste and adjust salt amount!! It’s ready to serve. But remember to garnish with some feta cheese, some parsley and some freshly ground black pepper before serving.
Serve hot or cold….It’s enjoyable either way. Perfect for winter and summer!!
So including preparation and cooking time it takes about 20 minutes…not bad at all for a healthy home cooked meal!! What say?