Elicoidali con Prosciutto e pisellos
Maggie May Schill
Here's my well tested, long loved recipe for Elicoidali con Prosciutto e pisellos. (Elicoidali pasta with peas and ham.)
This recipe is incredibly easy to make.
1 lbelicoidali, cooked al dente.
3 largeeggs, beaten
1 cparmigiano-reggiano, grated
1 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped
1/2 lblean ham, minced
1 cfresh peas.
4 clovegarlic, minced
2 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Elicoidali con Prosciutto e pisellos
- In a large sauce pan add oil and bring up just below smoking temperature. Add garlic and ham let saute. Lower temperature to medium heat.
- Add peas and continue to cook on medium heat until just heated through.
- Add cream to pot and stir. Bring cream to a scolding temperature.
- Slowly add cheese until completely incorporated. Lower pot to a simmer and allow cream to thicken to desired consistency. (I prefer a creamy, slightly loose consistency.
- Add Parsley and stir.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile you should be cooking your pasta to al dente. Once pasta is done cooking, strain and toss with beaten eggs. The heat of the pasta will cook the eggs.
- Toss pasta and sauce together, serve immediately.