Cod with Brown Butter and Capers
How to Make Cod with Brown Butter and Capers
- Preheat oven to 400. Bring pot of water to a boil and add pasta of choice. Cook per pasta directions.
- Cut cod in half, making two 1/2 lb portions. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add 3 T of the butter and swirl skillet to coat.
- Measure out cornstarch, garlic salt and pepper onto a plate and mix well. Dredge fish in the cornstarch mixture.
- Place fish in the heated skillet and don't move for 3 minutes.
- Turn fish to other side. Remove from heat and place in oven. Oven time will depend on the thickness of the cut of fish.
- When fish is cooked through, place on a plate and cover with foil. Drain pasta.
- Add remaining butter to skillet. Stir frequently, allowing butter to brown slightly. Add capers and stir.
- Plate pasta. Top with fish. Spoon butter caper sauce over the top. Serve immediately.