BAKED ITALIAN PENNE
- 8 oz
- penne rigate
- 1 lb
- ground italian sausage, mild
- 2 c
- onion, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 2 can(s)
- (14.5 oz.ea.) crushed tomatoes
- 3 c
- fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 oz
- mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese, divided
How to Make BAKED ITALIAN PENNE
- 1Boil salted water in a large pot. Add penne pasta and cook until al dente, 11-13 minutes; drain.
- 2While pasta is cooking, heat large skillet over medium -high heat. Add sausage, onion and garlic. Saute sausage, while breaking it up with back of spoon, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and tomatoes to the skillet. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- 4Combine sausage mixture with pasta, spinach, mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 5Pour into a 9x13" glass baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
- 6Bake in a preheated 425º oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Refrigerate any leftovers.