BAKED ITALIAN PENNE
8 ozpenne rigate
1 lbground italian sausage, mild
2 conion, diced
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/4 tspground black pepper
1-1/2 tspitalian seasoning
2 can(s)(14.5 oz.ea.) crushed tomatoes
3 cfresh spinach, roughly chopped
8 ozmozzarella cheese, cubed
1 cgrated parmesan cheese, divided
How to Make BAKED ITALIAN PENNE
- Boil salted water in a large pot. Add penne pasta and cook until al dente, 11-13 minutes; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat large skillet over medium -high heat. Add sausage, onion and garlic. Saute sausage, while breaking it up with back of spoon, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and tomatoes to the skillet. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Combine sausage mixture with pasta, spinach, mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Pour into a 9x13" glass baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 425º oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Refrigerate any leftovers.