Gnocchi is an authentic, rustic, hearty and warm traditional Italian dish. These light,airy potato dumplings bloom gorgeously in this recipe with rich cream and ricotta,prosciutto and baby spinach. My family loved this recipe. Even Bob.
- 2 pkg
- (1 lb. each)(delallo imported) potato gnocchi , this is best(or other)
- 3 c
- heavy cream
- 1 c
- reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 oz
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- 7 oz
- sliced prosciutto, (delallo), cut into strips
- 3 oz
- whole milk ricotta (delallo)
- 1/2 c
How to Make Baked Gnocchi
- 1Preheat oven to 400^. Place the gnocchi in a lightly greased or sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan;set aside.
No need to precook the gnocchi- it cooks in the oven nicely. Trust me, you will love this easy preparation!
- 2In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the broth, cream and flour. Continue whisking until the mixture starts to thicken, about 6 minutes. If you don't see the sauce starting to thicken, check that the flour is not on the sides of the pan, it likes to hide down there.
- 3Add the pepper and stir.
Add the spinach and prosciutto to the thickened cream and toss to coat all the leaves and slices.
Pour the cream, spinach and prosciutto over the gnocchi and spread out to cover the pasta evenly.
- 4Top with spoonfuls of ricotta and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Bake until the top is golden brown, about 35 minutes.