Spicy Chicken, Zucchini and Cashews w/orange glaze
Note: If you don't have tangerine fig balsamic vinegar, you can use plain balsamic vinegar. And if you don't have lemon mint leaves, you can substitute another mild mint leaf, or even fresh thyme.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1chicken quarter (leg and thigh or breast), baked, grilled or roasted, skin and bones removed after cooking, and cut or pulled into bite-sized pieces
1 mediumzucchini, quartered and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
1 largesweet onion, chopped
2-3 mediumgarlic cloves, minced
1 tspgrated fresh ginger
2 Tbsporange marmalade
1 Tbsptangerine fig balsamic vinegar (or substitute- see note above)
1 Tbspfresh lemon mint leaves, chiffonade cut (or substitute another fresh mint or thyme - see note above)
3 Tbspoil - vegetable, extra virgin olive oil or sesame oil, or a mixture of these.
1/4 ccashews, whole or pieces
1 tspsea salt
1/2 tspground black pepper
1/2 tspof each: ancho chile pepper powder, ground cumin, paprika, and mustard powder
1/4 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Spicy Chicken, Zucchini and Cashews w/orange glaze
- Add oil to medium high heated skillet and add onions turning the heat down to medium. Saute until beginning to turn translucent then add the garlic and ginger.
- Cook for two minutes more and add the vinegar and marmalade, stirring until well combined.
- Add zucchini and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken. Stir a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- Add all the spices except for the lemon mint. Stir to combine well.
- Add cashews and stir.
- Add lemon mint and drizzle with the honey. Stir just a few seconds to distribute the final two ingredients.
- Place on a platter and garnish with whole mint leaves and serve with rice or couscous.