Pyzy stuffed with meat (better than pierogi)
2 lbpotato (yukon preferably)
1 1/2 cpotato flour (or starch)
2 Tbspolive oil
pinchsalt and pepper
·oil to fry onion
How to Make Pyzy stuffed with meat (better than pierogi)
- Peel the potatoes and boil until soft. Mash them. Cool them just a little bit.
- Cook beef in water (you can put some vegetables like carrot,onion :cook like beef broth) until soft. Cool.
- Add potato flour,salt,egg,and oil to the mashed potatoes.Mix well until combine.Knead on floured surface. leave on side.
- Fry onion with oil on skillet until golden.Grind the cooked beef and add to fried onion.Season with salt and pepper.
- Take a little portion of the dough (about one tablespoon)
in your hand, make it flat and round.Put one teaspoon of the ground meat in the middle of the dough, and make into a ball. The dough is very elastic, it closes very well.
- Cook in boiling water for about 5 minutes on low fire. Sprinkle the pyzy with fried bacon if you would like to add extra flavor.