How to Make Lentil Burgers
- Cook lentils ahead of time, following package instructions. Make sure they're nice and soft, but not mushy. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl combine lentils with egg, crumbs, onion, salt and pepper.
- Use just enough tomato juice to make the mixture hold together when formed into patties. Divide the mixture into six even portions, and shape into patties.
- Fry the patties, just like hamburgers, in a small amount of olive oil (or whatever you prefer).
- Serve on buns and pass the ketchup!