Golabki's ( stuffed cabbage rolls..
I definitely put in about 1/2 # of bacon..next time( I forgot that I usually do this as its been awhile since I made it last up till yesterday:(..) I'm gonna fry up a # of bacon ..cause half goes on top.. deliscious..and it makes about 12 rolls ..well depending on sz of your cabbage and how much you stuff each one..but I got 12 rolls this time..:)
How to Make Golabki's ( stuffed cabbage rolls..
- 1Dice up your bacon( however much you will be using), and fry till lightly browned..pour off all grease except 2 tbs
- 2Add diced up onions..and cook the rest of the way..reserve 1/2 the bacon, onion mixture and set aside..in a bowl, add bacon onion mix, mix in the rice
- 3Add the RAW ground burger..salt and pepper..combine thoroughly..
- 4Meanwhile while your bacon and onion are cooking, core your cabbage..
- 5Place your cabbage in salted water in pot..bring to boil..boil for about 5 more minutes..
- 6Take cabbage out..drain..
Carefully peel back as many leaves as desired..
- 7Very carefully slice along the thick part of the rib and remove...
- 8Place some meat mixture on the leaf..fold up envelope style ..starting with end..( where rib was ), tuck in the sides, till rest of way..prepare your can of soup w/can of water..pour half of this in bottom of roasting pan..place your rolls seam side down in the soup..sprinkle other half of bacon, onion mixture over the tops of the rolls and then carefully pour remaining soup over the tops..
- 9Bake for 30 minutes at 350°f.turn Down to 275°f., and bake for about another 1 1/2 -2 hrs more till cabbage is tender..