How to Make Canned Venison
- 1Cut venison into medallion size chunks. Place into canning jars. Your choice of quart or pint. Add cut onion. Cut onion into 1/4" to 1/2" slices. Add whatever amount you like into the jars.
- 2Wipe rims of jars and put on lids and rings. Place into pressure cooker. Fill with water up to neck of jars. Put top on the pressure cooker with a 15 weight. If you have hard water, you can add a splash of white vinegar to stop the white film it can put on jars.
- 3From the time the weight starts to "jingle" cook for 45 minutes for pints and 50 minutes for quarts.
- 4Make sure pressure is relieved from canner before removing lid. Let cool and put it in your pantry.
- 5You can mix this with bar-b-q sauce and put on sandwiches or mix with cream of whatever soup you like and put over noodles. Drain off the liquid first or drain and save to make gravy.