Bubble and Squeak
- potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, cut into small pieces
- head cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
How to Make Bubble and Squeak
- 1Place potatoes in a soup pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender; drain in a colander and allow potatoes to sit in the colander.
- 2In the same soup pot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings
- 3Return potatoes to the pot. Add the cabbage, water, and salt, and cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.