EASY AND SIMPLE ENCHILADAS WITH RANCHERO GRAVY
The ingredients for the sauce sounds like a lot, but the enchiladas will soak up the sauce as they bake. You'll have to add more sauce on top before serving.
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, boiled and shredded while still hot
- 2 bunch
- green onions with green stems, chopped, divided
- 3 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 tsp
- taco seasoning mix
- 2 can(s)
- (28 oz) prepared red enchilada sace
- 4-5 can(s)
- (12 oz)prepared beef gravy
- 2 tsp
- chili powder, to taste, optional
- 8 to 10" prepared corn tortillas
- 1 or 2 pt
- sour cream, optional
- large head lettuce, shredded
- large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- (6 oz) sliced black olives
How to Make EASY AND SIMPLE ENCHILADAS WITH RANCHERO GRAVY
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place rack in center of oven. Grease a large casserole dish. Set aside.
- 2Pour prepared enchilada sauce into a large saucepan. Stir in prepared beef gravy. If the sauce isn't as spicy as you like, add chili powder to taste. Bring to boil, simmer 10 minutes.
- 3In a large bowl, combine cooled shredded chicken, 1 bunch chopped green onions, 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, and taco seasoning, if using. Set aside.
- 4Wrap corn tortillas in damp paper toweling. Heat in microwave on medium-high for several seconds just till warm. Keep wrapped in paper towels as you work.
Rewarm in micro as needed to keep tortillas pliable.
- 5Pour a couple of cups of enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking pan.
- 6Fill each corn tortilla with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Wrap the best you can and start layering enchiladas, seam down, in the baking pan over the sauce. Repeat procedure till pan is full. Pour another couple of cups of sauce over top of the enchiladas. Spray a large piece of foil with vegetable spray. Cover casserole dish with sprayed side down, tightly sealing foil.
- 7Bake about 45 minutes till heated through. Remove from oven. Remove foil and pour more sauce over all as desired. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake uncovered another 10-15 minutes till cheese has melted, but not browned.
- 8Let sit 5 minutes before dishing up each serving plate. I allow 2 enchiladas per person. Offer on the side more of the enchilada sauce, sour cream, remaining bunch of chopped green onion, shredded lettuce, tomato, and sliced black olives for the top.