HealthIER Turkey Meatloaf in the Instant Pot
1 lbground turkey breast
1/4 csilk original almond milk
1 1/2pieces cobblestone brooklyn rye bread
1/3red bell pepper
1 1/2large carrot
4 Tbspunsalted butter
1 1/2 Tbspcoconut oil
1 tspliquid smoke
1 1/2 tspa1
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspcracked black pepper
1 tspcayenne pepper
How to Make HealthIER Turkey Meatloaf in the Instant Pot
- Pinch bread apart and put into a small bowl. Add almond milk and press down, soaking the bread.
- Small-dice the carrot, onion, bell pepper, and celery.
- Turn Instant Pot pressure cooker on, to Sauté, and let get hot.
- Add half of the butter and oil; add the veg, and sauté until beginning to caramelize, adding more butter and oil as needed, to keep from burning.
- Turn IP off; pour sautéed veg into a large bowl.
- Add turkey, soaked bread, egg, A1, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and peppers to veg in bowl; gently mix.
- Put 1.5 cups of water in IP liner pot. Put IP trivet in IP liner pot.
- *Make a sling using heavy duty aluminum foil, to go between the IP trivet and the bowl/pot the meatloaf is going to go in. This will allow easy removal of food bowl from the IP.
*Make another sling, this one a wide one, to go between the meatloaf and the bowl/pot you're putting it in; this will allow easier removal of loaf from its cooking vessel.
- Place mixed meat onto the foil sling in an oven-safe bowl or pot; lower down onto the foil sling on the IP trivet.
- Put lid on IP, locking it in place; make sure the vent is to the sealing position.
- Turn IP on Manual, to 20 minutes. When finished cooking, let pressure release naturally.
- Using the trivet sling, remove the meatloaf bowl/pot.
- Using the loaf sling, gently raise the loaf, tilting to pour off any grease, then slide off the sling, back into the bowl/pot.