Turkey Frame Soup
- leftover turkey frame
- sprigs of fresh rosemary, sage and thyme.
- 10 c
- chicken broth
- onion, chopped
- celery stalks, sliced
- 2 c
- leftover turkey or chicken gravy
- 2 c
- leftover or frozen veggies (not glazed veggies, please)
- 1 c
- leftover stuffing
- potatoes peeled and chopped or 8 oz cooked egg noodles
- 2-3 c
- chopped cooked turkey meat
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Turkey Frame Soup
- 1In a soup pot, combine turkey frame, herbs and stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, then simmer 1 and 1/2 hours
- 2Strain broth, removing all herb sprigs, bones and cartilage, skin etc. Return clean broth to pot. Add any meat left from the carcass.
- 3Add onion, celery and veggies. Return to boil, reduce and simmer for 20 mins.
- 4Add potatoes and simmer until potatoes are firm tender OR add cooked noodles and continue immediately with next step.
- 5Add stuffing, gravy and turkey. Simmer for 10 more mins. Salt and pepper to taste.