Turkey Frame Soup
1leftover turkey frame
***sprigs of fresh rosemary, sage and thyme.
10 cchicken broth
2-3celery stalks, sliced
2 cleftover turkey or chicken gravy
2 cleftover or frozen veggies (not glazed veggies, please)
1 cleftover stuffing
5potatoes peeled and chopped or 8 oz cooked egg noodles
2-3 cchopped cooked turkey meat
***salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Turkey Frame Soup
- In a soup pot, combine turkey frame, herbs and stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, then simmer 1 and 1/2 hours
- Strain broth, removing all herb sprigs, bones and cartilage, skin etc. Return clean broth to pot. Add any meat left from the carcass.
- Add onion, celery and veggies. Return to boil, reduce and simmer for 20 mins.
- Add potatoes and simmer until potatoes are firm tender OR add cooked noodles and continue immediately with next step.
- Add stuffing, gravy and turkey. Simmer for 10 more mins. Salt and pepper to taste.