Sweet & Spicy Turkey
In "Categories" asked me about origin!!!!, but this is from "myself and I came with this recipe" which is mixed origin ,also I'm originally from Iran which our food is not "Middle Eastern" because it is very different, but because there is no "new" or "Iran" I had to chose "Middle Eastern" which is not correct.
1 lbturkey, ground
2 mdonion grated
1 Tbspmixed herbs, dried
1 Tbspblack pepper pwder
3 clovegarlic, grated
1 corange juice, (fresh or canned)
1 cpineapple juice (canned or fresh)
1/2 clemon juice, fresh
1 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Sweet & Spicy Turkey
- You can add more hot and spicy spice to your meat or add more sugar to your juices, as you wish, you can adjust the amount of black pepper or sugar
- The grated onion has a lots of juice, but we have to drain those juice before we mix it with ground Turkey meat.
- In a big fry pan, pure Orange juice, Pineapple juice and lemon juice and add brown sugar, put it on stove and heat it up, meanwhile we prepare the meat.
- After we mixed the ground Turkey and grated onion, we add herb and spices and mix it with hand again.
- Then we take a small amount of meat and in our palm, shape it to; like, 2-3 inch wide to 4-5 inches long and 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick (Please see the picture)
- When the juices start boiling we put the meat one by one, slowly in juice and lower the hit to cook the meat in juice for 30 to 45 minutes.
- After 30-45 minutes turn up the hit and let the juice steam faster and fry the meat inside the thick sauce of juices to look brownish color
- You can serve this with Onion/Sumac and any kind of rice.