Shrimp Baked Casserole "Garithes Youvetsi"
- 1 lb
- large shrimp, peeled but heads & tails left on, black intestines removed
- medium sized tomatoes, peeled, seeded & pureed
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil with tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped parsely
- 3 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 c
- olive oil
- 10 oz
- feta cheese, crumbled (i usually add more than a cup)
- 2 Tbsp
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- tabasco sauce (optional)
How to Make Shrimp Baked Casserole "Garithes Youvetsi"
- 1Simmer the pureed tomatoes with the 2 Tbsp olive oil for 20 to 25 minutes. Until they become a thick sauce.
- 2Pour the sauce in an ovenproof dish. On top place the shrimp. Sprinkle with the parsley, garlic, olive oil and top with Feta cheese. Sprinkle with butter and season with lots of black pepper, little salt and the Tabasco sauce.
- 3Bake for 10 minutes, til the Feta cheece melts and bubbles. Serve with plenty of fresh bread to dip into the delicious sauce:) Enjoy!