- 4 slice
- sourdough bread
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- fresh basil leaves, rinsed and patted drie
- tomatos, sliced 1/4 inch thick, firm ones work best
- 2 oz
- fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Toasted Caprese Sandwich
- 1Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Place 2 slices, oil side down, on a baking sheet and layer with basil leaves, tomato slices, and mozzarella slices. Salt and pepper to taste and then top with remaining bread slices, oil side up.
- 2Broil 6 inches from heat, turning once during cooking, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes total. Serve immediately.