Colossal Falafel Hoagie
- 1 Tbsp
- greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp
- sabre supremely spicy hummus
- dill sandwich pickle spear slice
- 3 Tbsp
- tahini sauce (see recipe below
- 2 slice
- thin sliced tomato
- chopped romaine lettuce
- homemade or commercial falafel
- 8 inch hard sandwich roll
How to Make Colossal Falafel Hoagie
- 1With a knife, open sandwich roll and spread Greek yogurt on one half, then spread hummus on the other.
- 2Line top half of roll with lettuce and tomato; place pickle slice along the bottom half.
- 3Fill with hot falafel, season with salt, then top falafel with tahini sauce. Serve.
- 4For tahini sauce:
Mince two garlic cloves. Whisk garlic into 1/4 cup tahini paste. Stir in one tablespoon olive oil and two and half tablespoons concentrated lemon juice. Mixture will be thick. Slowly add water, about a teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency. Don't add water too quickly, or oil will separate from the rest of the sauce. Mix in about a teaspoon of kosher salt. You could also add a half a teaspoon dried parsley if desired. Spoon desired amount over falafel and refrigerate the rest for your next sandwich.