Greek Easter Dinner
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 6-7 lb
- bone in leg of lamb
- potatoes washed and cut into good size wedges
- good size carrots washed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- lemons halfed and juiced
- 2 6 oz
- cans of tomato paste
- 1 8 oz
- can of tomato sauce
- 1 c
- extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 Tbsp
- crushed dried oregano
- 8-10 clove
- 2 tsp
- each of salt, pepper, and greek seasoning
How to Make Greek Easter Dinner
- 1Preheat the oven to 325, wash and pat dry the leg of lamb. Mix the tomato paste and sauce together.
- 2Make 8-10 slits, about 1/4-1/2 inch deep all over the meat and insert the peeled cloves of garlic. Using 1/2-3/4 cup of olive oil, massage it into the meat. Using half of the salt, pepper, Greek Seasoning and oregano, season the meat and massage them in. let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Placing the lamb on a roasting rack pour half of the tomato mixture over the lamb, place the lemon pieces over the lamb and place in the oven and time it out at 20 minutes per pound.
- 4With an hour left of cooking time spread the potatoes and carrots around the lamb season them with the remaing seasonings. and pour the rest of the tomato mixture over the lamb and veggies, turning to coat all over, and finish cooking the final hour.