Spiced up Honey Chops
Courtesy of Marie from The English Kitchen theenglishkitchen.blogspot.com
Original recipe called for mixture of sweet potato and butternut squash. I made due with that I had in my kitchen.
- pork chops (single rib 1/2 inch thick)
- 6 Tbsp
- clear honey (i use either clover or orange blossom)
- 3 tsp
- 5 spice powder (see link under chef notes to make your own)
- pinch salt
- black pepper, fresh ground
- 2 - 3 large
- sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- drizzle of coconut oil or if you prefer olive oil
How to Make Spiced up Honey Chops
- 1Prepare your pork chops by slicing into the fat along the edges at 1/2 inch intervals.
Season lightly with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- 2Mix together well the 5 season powder and honey.
Rub this mixture all over the chops. Place in a covered container.
Refrigerate and let marinate for 2 hours.
- 3Take chops out of refrigerator and allow to get to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Grease your baking dish (I use coconut oil or bacon grease, but you can spray it as well with your favorite cooking spray)
- 4Peel and cube your sweet potatoes, placing them in the baking dish to cover the bottom.
Drizzle lightly with coconut oil (or olive oil if you prefer)
Place chops on top of sweet potatoes.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees until chops are cooked completely, sticky and golden brown, and sweet potatoes are fork tender.
Allow dish to rest for 10 minutes before serving.